Winterize Your Vehicle
B&L Automotive offers numerous special deals at various times throughout the year. Some are seasonal, and some are just good deals we decide need to be passed on to you. We take pride in our customers, so we give our clients deals quite often to give people the best experience. Drop by the website every once in a while to see about specials, offers, and deals.
- Tune-up: If your vehicle is due for a tune-up, have it done before winter sets in. The cold temperatures, ice, and snow magnify existing problems such as pings, hard starts, sluggish performance and rough idling.
- Battery: Have the battery and charging system checked for optimum performance. Cold weather is hard on batteries, and a dead battery is the last thing you want when it’s freezing outside.
- Antifreeze: Clean, flush and put new antifreeze in the cooling system. As a general rule of thumb, this should be done every two years, and it’s a good idea to check the level periodically.
- Heaters, Defrosters and Wipers: Make sure heaters, defrosters, and windshield wipers work properly. Consider winter wiper blades and use cold weather washer fluid to avoid it freezing to your windshield. As a general rule, wiper blades should be replaced every six months.
- Tire Tread and Pressure: Check the tire tread depth and tire pressure. Since snow and ice are likely in Middle Tennessee, consider special winter tires for vehicles equipped with sport tires or summer tires. During winter, tire pressure should be checked weekly.
- Brakes: Have the brakes checked. The braking system is the vehicle’s most important safety item.
- Exhaust System: Have the exhaust system checked for carbon monoxide leaks. These can be especially dangerous during cold weather driving when windows are closed.
- Lights: Check to see that exterior and interior lights work and headlights are properly aimed. Good lighting is always important, but especially in poor driving conditions like snow.
- Oil and Filter: Be diligent about changing the oil and filter at recommended intervals. Dirty oil could be troublesome in winter. Have a technician check the fuel, air and transmission filters at the same time.
Personal Vehicle Warranty
Commercial Vehicle Warranty